Unique Melody Bone Conduction Family (MEST&MEXT and their siblings) Announcement and Impression Thread.
May 21, 2024 at 5:21 PM Post #7,336 of 7,348
@UniqueMelody What's your flagship IEM- the AP or the new Mason twins?
If both (all three?) are, what's the difference in their sound signatures?
The current flagship is Mason. AP is a collaboration IEM, made by us, sold by Cayin.

Unique Melody Feel free to reach out to us at any time! To reach me personally, leave me a PM or email me at umwang@uniquemelody.org and I'll get back to you as soon as I can! Stay updated on Unique Melody at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/UniqueMelodyIEM/ https://twitter.com/UniqueMelodyIEM http://en.uniquemelody.org/ uniquemelodyusa@gmail.com
May 21, 2024 at 7:06 PM Post #7,338 of 7,348
It is sold by Cayin. that makes sense.

Just think of it like A&K IEM collabs. EE x A&K Odyssey can't be sold by EE who made it, it is sold by A&K and retailers carrying A&K products. And the same goes for VE x A&K AURA, which can't be sold by VE. Actually, AP was part of an exclusive package with Cayin N30LE AP limited edition anniversary DAP. It just so happened that a few were sold separately because some people wanted just the IEM by itself while others wanted an AP version of the DAP.

May 21, 2024 at 9:22 PM Post #7,339 of 7,348
Guys, definitely try the Coreir Brass Eartips on the MKII! Like many others here, I preferred the JVC EPFX10 Spiral Dot for a long time. They offer a very harmonious, non-strenuous sound in which the details are presented unobtrusively without any veil in a credible soundstage. But you're missing out on something that even some high-end in-ears that cost three times as much can't do that well. The bass. And when you use the Coreir you immediately notice what you are missing. The authoritarian and omnipresent bass at all times. The music also gains more energy and power.

May 22, 2024 at 12:17 AM Post #7,340 of 7,348
I think you misunderstood the story. UM made and manufactured AP for Cayin. We don't count AP as our product because without Cayin's input, the AP won't exist. I thought it is a very clear statement I made when Mason 24 were released. If there are still some confusions, I hope this one can make it clear.
Yes, everything is clear now. Thank you very much for the explanation, that makes sense.

I apologise if I have caused any confusion 🙏🏻

Last edited:
May 22, 2024 at 5:47 AM Post #7,341 of 7,348
Could you recommend me a bluetooth hearhook for my mk2 mests. Which are currently the best on the market? Thanks

May 22, 2024 at 10:28 AM Post #7,342 of 7,348
Could you recommend me a bluetooth hearhook for my mk2 mests. Which are currently the best on the market? Thanks

iFi Go Pod would be my recommendation, covered it here.

May 24, 2024 at 6:44 AM Post #7,343 of 7,348
Screenshot_20240524-124319.png

If someone wants to buy the blue MEST MKIII cable, now is the chance at Musicteck.

May 24, 2024 at 12:15 PM Post #7,345 of 7,348
What is so Special about the cable? it looks like the standard mest cable and in terms of looks like a 50$ periat cable

If you are referring to its looks based on a common paracord type of exterior shielding, UM uses PWA brand name cables with a different internal design, wire material, geometry, and internal shielding. PWA cables vary in price from $600 to $6000 based on the design.

May 24, 2024 at 1:25 PM Post #7,346 of 7,348
If you are referring to its looks based on a common paracord type of exterior shielding, UM uses PWA brand name cables with a different internal design, wire material, geometry, and internal shielding. PWA cables vary in price from $600 to $6000 based on the design.
It could also be $20.000 and it looks despite of it like a $50 periat cable. So i asked there the price came from.

And like you said, you get with your MEST a premium standard cable. I dosent see the purpose for this cable and price

May 24, 2024 at 4:02 PM Post #7,348 of 7,348
And how does this cable sound if I may ask pls? Ty

Sorry, I'm not familiar with this cable, so can't comment on how it compares to other cables. Personally, I don't refer to a cable as something that has a "sound", and I usually describe what I hear when I switch between the cables while using particular IEMs. In this case, I was just making a general comment not to judge a book by its cover, literally :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back