Stax SR-X1 (new entry model)
May 31, 2024 at 12:51 PM Post #136 of 138
Seems more like some contamination shook loose to me. If it occurs, I can make it stop sometimes by lightly tapping on the headphone.
I haven't heard it again since last night, so I'll wait and see if perhaps the particulate has settled somewhere out of the way.
This sounds familiar to me as well, comes and goes but eventually the squealing wouldn't abate then drivers develop channel imbalance. Keep an ear out and don't hesitate on return or warranty service should your situation calls for it.

:pray:

May 31, 2024 at 2:07 PM Post #137 of 138
This sounds familiar to me as well, comes and goes but eventually the squealing wouldn't abate then drivers develop channel imbalance. Keep an ear out and don't hesitate on return or warranty service should your situation calls for it.

:pray:
What's the typical time frame for this type of failure? Days? Weeks? I probably should just contact HeadAmp now but I do want to see if anything happens.

May 31, 2024 at 2:47 PM Post #138 of 138
What's the typical time frame for this type of failure? Days? Weeks? I probably should just contact HeadAmp now but I do want to see if anything happens.
Probably varies based on use and environmental factors, and each specific unit, but for me the X9000 was over the course of a week and L700MK2 a couple months.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back