Endgame or not yet?
May 17, 2024 at 2:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

NOoneWillknow

New Head-Fier
I feel like getting an endgame IEM this year, but like, I'm only 17y. I find that's a little young and already getting endgame gear would more be like starter gear.
So, my question is: Should I get an endgame IEM this year or wait till I maybe get a full job and around my 20s?

If I should get endgame IEMs, please recommend. I'm already looking at the Aroma Jewel and maybe Nostalgia Audio Camelot.

May 17, 2024 at 4:52 AM Post #3 of 11
From what I've been reading from the "discovery thread", the Chinese IEMs in the lower-end in price (30-150 dollars/EUR) are now quite well tuned generally and technically better than few years ago, and a great price-quality ratio. You should probably explore there :ksc75smile: There's lots of things to spend money on when you're young, and expensive IEMs might not be ideal. Good thing is that your ears can catch a bunch of details (and frequencies :triportsad:) that us older folks can't.
(edit: read your signature so you've probably spend time with creaper IEMs already. Anyway, point still stands)

Last edited:
May 17, 2024 at 5:47 AM Post #4 of 11
Endgame is a set tuned just the way you like and prices on IEMs have come down so much for quality it doesn't mean expensive anymore. Try the 7hz Salnotes Zero:2 to get an idea how great something can sound for $24. For me, the law of diminishing returns is the Moondrop Kato which I love using and after that price point, the original 7hz Timeless are the only ones more expensive that I really think are worth it. For bass lovers, the Artti T10 are fun, just not perfectly tuned for everything, but the bass on those things is so well done. I've had a lot of higher priced stuff, like Blessing 2 and 3, Variations, and Sennheiser IE600. They're nice, but just not at all worth those prices.

May 17, 2024 at 4:00 PM Post #5 of 11
Yeah, I'll try until I find the one and not spend my entire bank account on 1 iem. (LOL) :) Then, could you recommend IEMs that also have nice aesthetics, not boring black plastic shells. (you know what i mean) Thanks. btw, are there any reviews on the Aroma early?

Last edited:
May 17, 2024 at 5:40 PM Post #6 of 11
Yeah, I'll try until I find the one and not spend my entire bank account on 1 iem. (LOL) :) Then, could you recommend IEMs that also have nice aesthetics, not boring black plastic shells. (you know what i mean) Thanks. btw, are there any reviews on the Aroma early?
Most of the Chromatic Series from Campfire Audio is pretty interesting looking. I personally own a Cascara and Bonneville and think that they provide great value for money and have a nice look. You could get the Cascara for a rather decent price and I feel it could potentially match your tuning preference.

May 17, 2024 at 6:04 PM Post #7 of 11
After trying the Cascara, which are quite nice, and now the Pilgrim, I would definitely put the Pilgrim in the mix at that price point. Between the Cascara, Quattro and Pilgrim at the $400 price point, I've had all three, prefer the Pilgrim. It does have a present treble so if you are very sensitive to treble, probably not, but otherwise, hell yes.

May 18, 2024 at 7:41 PM Post #9 of 11
You should keep with mainstream best like Sony. Start with something cheap, then gradually buy the more expensive ones. You'll think the cheap ones are good, then you'll think the more expensive ones are better. There's no need to waste money.

May 19, 2024 at 4:43 AM Post #10 of 11
You should keep with mainstream best like Sony. Start with something cheap, then gradually buy the more expensive ones. You'll think the cheap ones are good, then you'll think the more expensive ones are better. There's no need to waste money.
Sony's current lower end stuff unfortunately isn't really worth it for audiophiles, there's a wealth of cheaper and better Chi-fi stuff to get an idea what your preferences might be.

May 22, 2024 at 8:27 AM Post #11 of 11
Endgame is a myth.

What is ~80 USD today was ~300 USD 3-5 years age; what is ~20 USD now was ~80 USD; I mean IEMs with very comparable qualities.

Try some cheap ones (KZ, TRN for example) to know you preferred FR; try some 80-150 then some 150-300 USD ones. Above 300 USD take care what you buy because you will not able to sell it after a year (beacause cheaper ones will replace'em).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back